A very important message from the 'staff' of WLODB [READ] « Announcements « Website Discussion
 
Wed, 16 May 2012, 9:58pm #1
Zero
King
Avatar88996_13
Registered: Sep, 2008
Last visit: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 375

Semi-Proper grammar is now a requirement when posting.

This means no more 'can i plz hav help' or 'Thx' Or sh** like that. Wonderland Online is coded in ENGLISH, meaning it's designed for ENGLISH speaking players. I understand that some people speak english as their second language, And the rules will be a tad more lax however that's no excuse for terrible grammar. Take the extra 5 minutes when typing out your post to make sure everything is spelled correctly, and that you aren't using shorthand.

If you say Plz because it's shorter than Please, I'll say No because it's shorter than Yes

People will receive multiple warnings and post changes before banning is done.

Thk yu 4 yur Patronage

Last edited Sun, 29 Jul 2012, 12:34am by Vampire


I do Maintenance work on WLODB. As such i don't actively post,
So PM me if needed.

IGN: Zarrow
Serv: leo 3 and 1
"Everything begins and ends with zero..."
(MGO) 16 Ex fox, ranked 7th best in the world at Team Sneaking, Not bad eh? http://wlodb.com/files/Signature-for-Zero.png Thanks to JayC for this signature <3

Spoiler:
He is one who, without a second thought, slays the foe that stands before him. He does not deny, nor is ashamed of, his demon-possessed arm. He accepts the fact that the demon that dwells within him, at any moment, could destroy him. And he endures, even in the midst of the excruciating pain caused by Kazan Syndrome...

To those who choose the path of the Berserker, unimaginable strength is bestowed; however, embracing such a destiny comes with an acceptance that one’s life will end painfully and tragically. Tombstones throughout the continent mark the final resting place of Berserkers who were all unparalleled in battle but met harrowing ends. One by one, they evaporated...like a withering flame into thin air. Even given vast demonic energy, the Berserker is still a prisoner to the limits of the human body. Though they appear to fear nothing, even they cannot divest themselves of the most basic and human of feelings. They still desire to live.

Awakening into a Hell Bringer may grant them even more power, but it quickens the strangling coils of mortality. The Hell Bringers are known for their endless pursuit of vitality. By absorbing the blood of other creatures, their drink in their vital power. However, the more power gained, the more intense their own candle of life burns, bringing them ever closer to their ill-fated deaths.


Spoiler:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/Camo_Neko/lelouchglowwy7.gif
Spoiler:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/Camo_Neko/callsign-generatorphp.png

Offline
Wed, 16 May 2012, 10:36pm #2
Hitsugaya
King
Yay
Registered: Apr, 2012
Last visit: Thu, 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 292

But its sort of unfair to some people

Offline
Wed, 16 May 2012, 10:43pm #3
Vampire
Administrator
406039_570006503027492_1951350305_n_large
Registered: Oct, 2011
Last visit: Tue, 07 Jan 2020
Posts: 1956

How is it unfair? I mean sure typos are fine but people purposely txt-type when they have a keyboard.... I am pretty sure it won't kill you to press a couple more letters.


Aries: Klayton

Kojika wrote:

They must be drunk since they are part liquor and I DON'T even want to know what the hard tissue is referring too so lets just say that's their bones, obviously. Since my mind may have been thinking of something else

"Laughter at the midnight hour, in our own little tower"

http://wlodb.com/files/sugin2.png

Random topics

USE GOOGLE OR THE SEARCH BUTTON FOR SIMPLE QUESTIONS

Offline
Wed, 16 May 2012, 10:47pm #4
Hitsugaya
King
Yay
Registered: Apr, 2012
Last visit: Thu, 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 292

yeah that make sense

Offline
Thu, 17 May 2012, 3:29am #5
Zero
King
Avatar88996_13
Registered: Sep, 2008
Last visit: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 375

Off topic will be an exception of course. I don't care what goes on there so long as no nudity is posted.

Last edited Thu, 17 May 2012, 3:43am by Zero


I do Maintenance work on WLODB. As such i don't actively post,
So PM me if needed.

IGN: Zarrow
Serv: leo 3 and 1
"Everything begins and ends with zero..."
(MGO) 16 Ex fox, ranked 7th best in the world at Team Sneaking, Not bad eh? http://wlodb.com/files/Signature-for-Zero.png Thanks to JayC for this signature <3

Spoiler:
He is one who, without a second thought, slays the foe that stands before him. He does not deny, nor is ashamed of, his demon-possessed arm. He accepts the fact that the demon that dwells within him, at any moment, could destroy him. And he endures, even in the midst of the excruciating pain caused by Kazan Syndrome...

To those who choose the path of the Berserker, unimaginable strength is bestowed; however, embracing such a destiny comes with an acceptance that one’s life will end painfully and tragically. Tombstones throughout the continent mark the final resting place of Berserkers who were all unparalleled in battle but met harrowing ends. One by one, they evaporated...like a withering flame into thin air. Even given vast demonic energy, the Berserker is still a prisoner to the limits of the human body. Though they appear to fear nothing, even they cannot divest themselves of the most basic and human of feelings. They still desire to live.

Awakening into a Hell Bringer may grant them even more power, but it quickens the strangling coils of mortality. The Hell Bringers are known for their endless pursuit of vitality. By absorbing the blood of other creatures, their drink in their vital power. However, the more power gained, the more intense their own candle of life burns, bringing them ever closer to their ill-fated deaths.


Spoiler:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/Camo_Neko/lelouchglowwy7.gif
Spoiler:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/Camo_Neko/callsign-generatorphp.png

Offline
Thu, 17 May 2012, 6:44am #6
DevilxAngel
Emperor
Broandme
Registered: Feb, 2011
Last visit: Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 1780

Is it really that serious that you have to go as far as to ban people? o.o

but okay x.x and I understand. I mean.. it must be pretty hard for those people that don't have English as their first language as it must be a bit hard for them to know what alot of the abbreviations mean.



http://wlodb.com/files/SalaSatMorga.jpg

Offline
Thu, 17 May 2012, 9:04am #7
Metatron
Administrator
Metatron
Registered: Oct, 2009
Last visit: Wed, 04 Sep 2019
Posts: 497

I can understand why you said it, But you've got a point Hitsugaya, Some people don't know English in a level like ours..

Nonetheless, It is possible for those very people to check their spelling before posting, English isn't my native language, Nor is proness.


Metatron's looks, compliments of my friend~

Spoiler:

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab54/adamg915/metatron_zps76df3cef.jpg
"Leo" Server.
Spoiler:

Earths -
Metatron - 176 Reborn Killer [633/190/31/48/86] (Earth main).
Orelia - 131 Reborn Wit [4/225/341/48/100].
Seraphel - 153 Reborn Mage Knight [31/208/276/60/341].
Zachriel - 81 Reborn Priest [0/395/76/77/0].
Daedalus - 85 Reborn Wit [0/165/312/48/35].

Waters -
Nuriel - 175 Reborn Wit [18/185/507/60/150] (Water main).
Meimiel - 101 Reborn Seer [0/170/172/60/206].
Rhamiel - 81 Reborn Priest [0/395/6/77/0].
Noctus - 88 Reborn Mage Knight [39/193/146/78/308].
Opheus - 83 Reborn Wit.

Winds -
Heimdall - 81 Reborn Wit [0/130/304/49/65].
Anael - 81 Reborn Knight [6/26//10/26/510].
Zofiel - 99 Reborn Killer [586/94/39/39/39].
Anelia - 81 Reborn Knight [190/80/7/49/227].
Hox - 187 Reborn Knight.

Fires -
Zelix - 156 Reborn Killer [615/155/13/42/13] (Fire Melee main).
Alilidier - 160 Reborn Wit [13/167/615/42/13] (Fire Mage Main).
Zeliel - 86 Reborn Killer [476/66/9/45/12].
Seraphinus - 117 Reborn Killer [375/104/9/51/126].
Shadders - 172 Reborn Killer [606/164/4/42/15] (Given alt).
Kronos - 86 Reborn Wit [6/144/395/42/6].
Hades - 86 Reborn Killer [395/144/6/42/6].
Atariel - 136 Reborn Killer [492/180/18/47/66].
Tariel - 130 Reborn Wit [6/145/510/42/22].

Manufacturing Slaves - Dazmond, Misane, Coeus, Perses, Lapetus, Oceanus.
Collection Slaves - SecretC2, SecretC3, SecretC4.
Fish Storage Slaves - Fishslayer, Kronosx, Totoxin.
Equipment Storage Slaves - Oranos, Menoetius.
Burst Slaves:
ShexSlave - 85 Reborn Killer [520/2/2/42/4].
ShwexSlave - 85 Reborn Killer [514/0/0/42/4].
Cusser - 82 Reborn Wit [0/20/511/20/0].

Names for Safekeeping: Dovahkiin

Offline
Thu, 17 May 2012, 10:13am #8
Zero
King
Avatar88996_13
Registered: Sep, 2008
Last visit: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 375

Metatron wrote:

I can understand why you said it, But you've got a point Hitsugaya, Some people don't know English in a level like ours..

Nonetheless, It is possible for those very people to check their spelling before posting, English isn't my native language, Nor is proness.
I'm not asking for good english. Or even decent english. Simply for English that you don't need to struggle to read.


I do Maintenance work on WLODB. As such i don't actively post,
So PM me if needed.

IGN: Zarrow
Serv: leo 3 and 1
"Everything begins and ends with zero..."
(MGO) 16 Ex fox, ranked 7th best in the world at Team Sneaking, Not bad eh? http://wlodb.com/files/Signature-for-Zero.png Thanks to JayC for this signature <3

Spoiler:
He is one who, without a second thought, slays the foe that stands before him. He does not deny, nor is ashamed of, his demon-possessed arm. He accepts the fact that the demon that dwells within him, at any moment, could destroy him. And he endures, even in the midst of the excruciating pain caused by Kazan Syndrome...

To those who choose the path of the Berserker, unimaginable strength is bestowed; however, embracing such a destiny comes with an acceptance that one’s life will end painfully and tragically. Tombstones throughout the continent mark the final resting place of Berserkers who were all unparalleled in battle but met harrowing ends. One by one, they evaporated...like a withering flame into thin air. Even given vast demonic energy, the Berserker is still a prisoner to the limits of the human body. Though they appear to fear nothing, even they cannot divest themselves of the most basic and human of feelings. They still desire to live.

Awakening into a Hell Bringer may grant them even more power, but it quickens the strangling coils of mortality. The Hell Bringers are known for their endless pursuit of vitality. By absorbing the blood of other creatures, their drink in their vital power. However, the more power gained, the more intense their own candle of life burns, bringing them ever closer to their ill-fated deaths.


Spoiler:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/Camo_Neko/lelouchglowwy7.gif
Spoiler:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/Camo_Neko/callsign-generatorphp.png

Offline
Fri, 18 May 2012, 10:36pm #9
darkdeaver
Administrator
226417_10150195404309095_5019787_n
Registered: May, 2009
Last visit: Wed, 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 563

I is thinking it mite be a tad bit hard for sum peeple to du this. I knows' meye inglish is horruble sum tyme :P

-- dark


Offline
Fri, 18 May 2012, 10:43pm #10
Kojika
Administrator
Fonni
Registered: Jun, 2010
Last visit: Thu, 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 1583

XD lol dark. I've been so tempted to do that.


Picklessssssssssssssssssssss!~
http://wlodb.com/files/fonni_sig.jpg http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/273/861/b12.gif
See more on Know Your Meme

[Guide] Level Planner for Player and Pet Training - http://wlodb.com/topics/13527
[Guide] Ultimate Pet Page - http://wlodb.com/topics/15272

Offline
Fri, 18 May 2012, 10:50pm #11
darkdeaver
Administrator
226417_10150195404309095_5019787_n
Registered: May, 2009
Last visit: Wed, 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 563

Well he did say semi-proper :P

-- dark


Offline
Fri, 18 May 2012, 11:31pm #12
Vampire
Administrator
406039_570006503027492_1951350305_n_large
Registered: Oct, 2011
Last visit: Tue, 07 Jan 2020
Posts: 1956

I still read it perfectly without having to read it twice..


Aries: Klayton

Kojika wrote:

They must be drunk since they are part liquor and I DON'T even want to know what the hard tissue is referring too so lets just say that's their bones, obviously. Since my mind may have been thinking of something else

"Laughter at the midnight hour, in our own little tower"

http://wlodb.com/files/sugin2.png

Random topics

USE GOOGLE OR THE SEARCH BUTTON FOR SIMPLE QUESTIONS

Offline
Sat, 19 May 2012, 12:37am #13
Zero
King
Avatar88996_13
Registered: Sep, 2008
Last visit: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 375

Yup had no trouble understanding what you said. i am quite competent in lolspeak and Engrish.

But i do not tolerate short hand.


I do Maintenance work on WLODB. As such i don't actively post,
So PM me if needed.

IGN: Zarrow
Serv: leo 3 and 1
"Everything begins and ends with zero..."
(MGO) 16 Ex fox, ranked 7th best in the world at Team Sneaking, Not bad eh? http://wlodb.com/files/Signature-for-Zero.png Thanks to JayC for this signature <3

Spoiler:
He is one who, without a second thought, slays the foe that stands before him. He does not deny, nor is ashamed of, his demon-possessed arm. He accepts the fact that the demon that dwells within him, at any moment, could destroy him. And he endures, even in the midst of the excruciating pain caused by Kazan Syndrome...

To those who choose the path of the Berserker, unimaginable strength is bestowed; however, embracing such a destiny comes with an acceptance that one’s life will end painfully and tragically. Tombstones throughout the continent mark the final resting place of Berserkers who were all unparalleled in battle but met harrowing ends. One by one, they evaporated...like a withering flame into thin air. Even given vast demonic energy, the Berserker is still a prisoner to the limits of the human body. Though they appear to fear nothing, even they cannot divest themselves of the most basic and human of feelings. They still desire to live.

Awakening into a Hell Bringer may grant them even more power, but it quickens the strangling coils of mortality. The Hell Bringers are known for their endless pursuit of vitality. By absorbing the blood of other creatures, their drink in their vital power. However, the more power gained, the more intense their own candle of life burns, bringing them ever closer to their ill-fated deaths.


Spoiler:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/Camo_Neko/lelouchglowwy7.gif
Spoiler:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/Camo_Neko/callsign-generatorphp.png

Offline
Sat, 19 May 2012, 1:13pm #14
Kioni-Ice-Queen
Conqueror
Tumblr_m68yrosche1qi4z3bo1_100
Registered: Aug, 2011
Last visit: Mon, 01 Apr 2013
Posts: 198

You know what, I personally think it's a good idea. I mean, I'm so sick of stupid english myself. It's a great opportunity to force people that need help from this site to learn to truly speak english. You look like a dumb arse too, seriously.
And no, I'm not a native english speaker, I actually come from a country where english is really subestimated. |T


http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n502/kimino456/tumblr_m3a4nhsifd1rv1c80o1_400.png
| Click for my dragons
V

Spoiler:

http://squiby.net/view/8195257.pnghttp://squiby.net/view/8353517.pnghttp://dragcave.net/image/heQ7q.gifhttp://dragcave.net/image/cTqkD.gifhttp://dragcave.net/image/6gItF.gif

| Click for my chars
v

Spoiler:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97531184/Things%20that%20need%20links/cyghkjvb.png

Offline
Sat, 19 May 2012, 4:31pm #15
Vampire
Administrator
406039_570006503027492_1951350305_n_large
Registered: Oct, 2011
Last visit: Tue, 07 Jan 2020
Posts: 1956

Basically, let's clear this..

He was mostly talking about text-talk, We don't really want that unless you're typing from your phone or something, you have a full keyboard right in front of you, I don't get why you should text-talk. It won't kill you to lay your fingertips on a couple extra letters to spell out the actual word. If you don't know how to spell it, Go to your extensions on whatever browser you're using and download a translate where you high-light the word and right click when it's blue, it'll show you a bunch of words they think you're looking for.

Yes.. banning is a bit too strict but once rules are laid and people refuse to follow, there is really no reason to let them go and just keep changing them, I admit. I've sent PM's to people who have double-posted over and over again even after I told them(it is in the rules to send warnings for that before banning..) I've never really banned anyone besides spammers and that one dude who posted over every topic recently posting "F" Zero. That was uncalled for, of course.

These rules are not as strict as per say, other forums, I would rather sit here and have these rules then go to the official forum and have those rules, I've posted there a couple of times and watched everything I said, This person is constantly sending death threats and stuff over the forum but one of the mod there likes him so they don't do anything. but yet they edited my post and said I cussed, I have never cussed on that forum, don't see why they would say I did. they're too strict over there while we're just right over here, every forum needs rules so why not?

I know. I know. too long, didn't read it? most likely.


Aries: Klayton

Kojika wrote:

They must be drunk since they are part liquor and I DON'T even want to know what the hard tissue is referring too so lets just say that's their bones, obviously. Since my mind may have been thinking of something else

"Laughter at the midnight hour, in our own little tower"

http://wlodb.com/files/sugin2.png

Random topics

USE GOOGLE OR THE SEARCH BUTTON FOR SIMPLE QUESTIONS

Offline
Sat, 19 May 2012, 4:44pm #16
darkdeaver
Administrator
226417_10150195404309095_5019787_n
Registered: May, 2009
Last visit: Wed, 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 563

If you want to update the forum rules for post content please refer to this post and include your inclusion.

It is displayed on the main page.

This post will eventually disappear and fall into obscurity.

Forum Rules

-- dark


Offline
Sun, 20 May 2012, 8:44am #17
Zero
King
Avatar88996_13
Registered: Sep, 2008
Last visit: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 375

darkdeaver wrote:

If you want to update the forum rules for post content please refer to this post and include your inclusion.

It is displayed on the main page.

This post will eventually disappear and fall into obscurity.

Forum Rules

-- dark
I set it as a standalone article for now. I'll include it in the official "Forum Rules" in a few weeks. Easier to notice now since it's always on the right of the main page.


I do Maintenance work on WLODB. As such i don't actively post,
So PM me if needed.

IGN: Zarrow
Serv: leo 3 and 1
"Everything begins and ends with zero..."
(MGO) 16 Ex fox, ranked 7th best in the world at Team Sneaking, Not bad eh? http://wlodb.com/files/Signature-for-Zero.png Thanks to JayC for this signature <3

Spoiler:
He is one who, without a second thought, slays the foe that stands before him. He does not deny, nor is ashamed of, his demon-possessed arm. He accepts the fact that the demon that dwells within him, at any moment, could destroy him. And he endures, even in the midst of the excruciating pain caused by Kazan Syndrome...

To those who choose the path of the Berserker, unimaginable strength is bestowed; however, embracing such a destiny comes with an acceptance that one’s life will end painfully and tragically. Tombstones throughout the continent mark the final resting place of Berserkers who were all unparalleled in battle but met harrowing ends. One by one, they evaporated...like a withering flame into thin air. Even given vast demonic energy, the Berserker is still a prisoner to the limits of the human body. Though they appear to fear nothing, even they cannot divest themselves of the most basic and human of feelings. They still desire to live.

Awakening into a Hell Bringer may grant them even more power, but it quickens the strangling coils of mortality. The Hell Bringers are known for their endless pursuit of vitality. By absorbing the blood of other creatures, their drink in their vital power. However, the more power gained, the more intense their own candle of life burns, bringing them ever closer to their ill-fated deaths.


Spoiler:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/Camo_Neko/lelouchglowwy7.gif
Spoiler:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/Camo_Neko/callsign-generatorphp.png

Offline
Wed, 13 Jun 2012, 10:05am #18
nefertittine
Recruit
My_avatar_3
Registered: Nov, 2008
Last visit: Wed, 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 1

Is it REALLY true that Wonderland is coded in English? I had no idea, since the English in-game is atrocious! I always thought there was just a problem with the translation from Japanese or Chinese as the case may be. I have even been tempted to write to the management telling them that they should get English people to do the translating. Sometimes the English is so laughable that it's difficult to take the game seriously.
Is it possible that they're actually just translating from the original game which is coded in a different language? I heard there is a Japanese or Chinese main version.


To him whom much is given
From him is much required

Offline
Wed, 13 Jun 2012, 1:58pm #19
Kojika
Administrator
Fonni
Registered: Jun, 2010
Last visit: Thu, 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 1583

coding has nothing to do with translations. coding and the translation of the game are 2 diffrent elements. coding in itself is like another language that consists of maths and directions. even if it uses english words its basically to let the character or npc know what to do. how to move, what new skills they consist of what colours they may be.

they can have a team for programing and coding and they can have a team for translating. just like they have a team for designing and for art.

but yes they are given a script in which to translate from.. seems they are just lazy or the translators are not english. even live support is housed in korea. they probably higher 1 or 2 americans to fill their quota or time diffrnece.


Picklessssssssssssssssssssss!~
http://wlodb.com/files/fonni_sig.jpg http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/273/861/b12.gif
See more on Know Your Meme

[Guide] Level Planner for Player and Pet Training - http://wlodb.com/topics/13527
[Guide] Ultimate Pet Page - http://wlodb.com/topics/15272

Offline
Mon, 18 Jun 2012, 3:29am #20
Hitsugaya
King
Yay
Registered: Apr, 2012
Last visit: Thu, 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 292

yeah some of the things npcs say dont even make sense
we need to send troops to IGG and force them to work harder, at least translate the game better

Offline